Friday 10 July 2009

Highly Recommended

A quick recommendation if you are at a loss as to what to cook this weekend or indeed during the week when you are pressed for time. I have been doing a fair amount of cooking lately and enjoying it very much. I am often inspired by other bloggers' recipes and felt the need this time to pass on the information. OK, so here goes... Yesterday I got home pretty late and wanted to cook something that would satisfy my very savoury craving for Asian flavours but of course, I didn't want to be standing there for ages preparing. Armed with some organic minced pork and a red capsicum I had picked up on my way home, I put the rice on as soon as I walked in the door. I then went here for Chez Pim's instructions for Pad Krapow Moo. Since reading this entry of hers, I couldn't get the picture out of my head. I had never tried it before but I knew this is what I felt like eating. Before you knew it there was a flurry of action in the kitchen as I put my seasoned wok to work. The result was better than good and all I can say is, try it! Be sure to do the egg exactly the way she says, it will take you to a level you never dreamt a fried egg could.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, yum. Double yum. I made this on Monday night, throwing out my plans for lamb cutlets. Luckily I still had some minced pork belly in the freezer from your last pork blog (also good results).
    I wasn't sure if my local fruit and veg-ery would stock thai basil, let alone holy basil. In fact, they did have thai basil, which was a relief. A trip into Thainatown was not practically feasible. For anyone wanting good Thai ingredients in Sydney near the city- try the shops near the Capitol Theatre (near Paddys markets and Central Station), one of them is called 'Pontip'.
    As is often the case when I buy authentic asian food or ingredients I was asked if I knew what it was i.e. "You look too soft for that hard-core asian ingredient there missy. Can you handle it? Can you?" Well, yes I can actually. I crave a slap of asian flavour on a regular basis. Mmmm, maybe I'll make it again tonight...Thanks Chez Pim & Chilli Walter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I get those same raised eyebrows here whenever I order a schnaps, or a beer. I am glad this has given you that 'slap of asian flavour'. This will definitely become one of my staples. Great to here that your local carries Thai basil, I guess if I can get it here it only makes sense that you can get it there and more abundantly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm addicted, this is the third time I'm making this dish since you posted this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry I totally understand, I've been trying to get it out of my head too. I hope you are not using pork belly each time, consider the dress!

    ReplyDelete