Wednesday 3 June 2009

Germany's Next Ugly Face

If you don't live in Germany, then you may not be aware that for the first time, in about 4 seasons of the show (I think), a black woman has been chosen as GNTM. A historical moment, I am sure you will agree. There was even a guy in the audience holding up a 'Yes she can!' sign. Just so you understand what this victory means to some. Like me, I am sure every dark skinned person in Germany has been told that she should enter next year. Now is our time, ladies. Like we have all been sitting around waiting for public acknowledgement of our beauty! Man, we knew we were hot from the get go! Now this win has even led to me being the centre of a couple of jokes, 'How wude!' I hear you say, but all in good fun I can assure you. A couple of days ago my photographer friend sent me this:Hmmm... something not quite right about that. Yikes! Now, you'd think with that kind of body, any head would work, right? WRONG! At least I can be certain of one thing now. God really did know what he was doing when he put my head on my short, belovehandled body.

For the real deal, check out this clip:

7 comments:

  1. I had to do a double take, he sure did do a good job, either that or it suits you. Funny! I can imagine you laughing out loud when you received that email. Who ever would have thought, a black woman modelling? Whatever will they think of next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! yeah... that is some great photo shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just showed Adrian your model pic, he thought it was pretty funny. He just finished looking at my Rastafarian wig pics and said, 'is that why my room was messed up?'. ( I had crept into his room in the middle of the night furiously pulling things apart, trying to find the wig).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some interesting friends you have there Mals! I am reminded of some amusing non-PC comments when I was in good old Deutschland myself. They are not to be repeated but you know what I'm talking about. When will the world catch up? Btw, I love the look on your face in the 'photo', it is so...well, 'modelly': Sort of perky and fresh, and just a little surprised :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, Teens here, that was me logged in as Shishberg, using his laptop. Didn't want him getting into trouble. Not sure if he gets away with as much cheek as I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rchie, Hi Jasmine, I am glad you enjoyed that one. I cracked up when I saw the picture, the guy who did this has a wicked sense of humour.
    Tina, I think he would get away with more cheek than you do! How's this for non-PC, I just returned from an event where someone asked me where I was from, and gave me three choices: Japan, China or Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well at least they know a few other countries, guess that's a start :)

    ReplyDelete