Wednesday 28 October 2009

Avocado, wasabi and lime dip

'What's that?' is an often heard question when an unsuspecting guest comes across avocado in a salad. Strange then, to have come across this recipe in a land where unpeeled avocados can sometimes be mistaken for papayas or even mangoes.I tried this after watching a reality TV cooking show where the contestant paired it with sashimi style salmon. I just eat mine with corn chips or crackers or in a sandwich. So simple but still so full of flavour. I can't give you a recipe with exact quantities, I really think this has to be made to taste. I use one avocado and then add a little squeeze of wasabi (I use the one that comes in the tube), say about half a teaspoon, and then a squeeze or two of fresh lime juice, say about 1 tablespoon. I then mush it all up together until you have mixed the ingredients through and then have a quick taste. At this point you should perfect it according to your taste buds. More wasabi and lime until it really hits the spot, but a little at a time as wasabi can quickly become the enemy. Although, some do enjoy that nose hair burning sensation. You should consider your guests though, if you are not the only one eating. You could also add salt if you think it needs it, I usually don't. I will add a picture the next time I make this. There seems to be none left by the time I remember to take a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment