Monday 9 February 2009

Romance

This conversation took place at about 07:15am German time, after I had showered and was getting ready for work.

He: Hmmm... Is that you?
Me: Is what me?
He: That smell. Are you using something new?
Me: Yes. My shampoo and bath gel are new.
He: No, no. (sniffs the air) It's not that. I am sure it's not that. It's a different smell.
Me: Really? Like what? I can't smell anything.
He: I don't know. I think it's either you or there's something smelly in the pipes... you know the sink. There might be something stuck in there.
Me: Umm... Are you telling me I smell like a blocked sink?
He: I said it's you OR the sink...
Me: Right...

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh..now I know where that smell comes from..

    MEN!

    Funny post, stinky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...ask him whose hairs are down the sink hole (i.e. shaving, plucking bushy eyebrows, trimming nosehairs-the list goes on) and then tell him that it is actually him who stinks! That should ease any marital tension for sure :)
    btw, I think in boy language 'you smell' may actually be a compliment. That might just be bad advice from primary school though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rchie, Hi Tina,

    Glad you guys enjoyed that one. He was so innocent to what he was saying I had to laugh. Thanks for the 'boy language' clarification Tina, I guess I will take it as a compliment.There are far worse things I could be called. I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny, the google ads on the side say things like,'Clear blocked pipe work'and,'Sick of smelly septics?'. Well I found it funny anyway..

    ReplyDelete